The world’s most beautiful weather forecaster!
Let’s face it, the weatherman isn’t always right, so you might not want to rely solely on his predictions, or you could even enjoy predicting your own weather forecasts! If that’s the case, then this Weather Storm Glass is just the gadget you’ve been waiting for! The exact science behind the method is still a mystery, but there are theories that hold electromagnetic changes in weather patterns responsible. Whatever it is, it works!
This invention was developed in the mid-1700s and soon became a vital tool aboard ships and harbors around Europe, to offer predictions on approaching inclement weather. It gained notable fame due to Admiral FitzRoy, who utilized a Storm Glass on his voyage with Darwin when they traveled together to the Galapagos Islands.
The changes in the solution signify the following:
- Clear liquid: Bright weather.
- Crystals at the bottom: Thick air, frost in winter.
- Dim liquid with small stars: Thunderstorms.
- Large flakes: Heavy air, overcast sky, snow in winter.
- Threads in the upper portion of liquid: Windy weather.
- Small dots: Damp weather, fog.
- Rising flakes which remain high: Wind in the upper air regions.
- Small stars: In winter on bright, sunny days, snow in one or two days.
- The higher the crystals rise in the glass tube in winter the colder it will be.
- This contemporary version of that age-old gadget is an amazing and natural way to forecast the weather. Will it be clear, cloudy, or pervaded with thunderstorms? With the Weather Storm Glass, the weather is completely predictable, as the appearance of the liquid, transforming from clear to cloudy and then to crystal flakes, makes it unmistakably evident!
- The sealed glass container holds a mixture of distilled water, ethanol, and camphor that changes in appearance based on forthcoming weather conditions.
- The Weather Storm Glass is the perfect gift for friends, family or work colleagues! It’s a symbol of Love, Affection, and Friendship and a unique and wonderful offering for anniversaries, weddings, or any special occasion!
- Material: glass
- Base: wood
- The thickness of the base: about 10mm
- Size: 65 x115mm
- 1 x Weather Storm Glass
- 1 x Base
SHIPPING FEE – FLAT RATE OF $5.99
SHIPPING DELAY NOTICE: Please expect a 2-4 week shipping delay due to the High Volume of Order.